Stratasys Model Cleaning Procedure
1. Use PPE (personal protection equipment), nitrile gloves, and remove models from the printer
2. Place the models in a bath of water for 30 minutes
3. Power wash the support material off. Put models in the wash station. Turn on water, step on the pdeal, and aim water at and on the model.
4. Use PPE, nitrile gloves, and place the model(s) in 4% Sodium Hydroxide solution for 1 hour to remove excess material [Please use safety precautions and use PPE. 3 gallons of distilled water with 454g of 99% concentrated dry sodium hydroxide powder is 4% wt]
5. Rinse models in cool tap water in the sink.
6. Pressure was the models one more time to remove any leftover support material
INSPECTION (DEFECT AWARENESS)
1. Models should be free of any residue and excess support material. If any is found it can be cleaned off with the power washer.
2. Assemble all parts to evaluate proper fit. Any models that have parts that fit too tight or loose, or that have broken during the cleaning process will need to be reprinted.