*This only applies to systems that have been updated to the new 2015 upgrade with the mono strategies of Sum3D. If you need to update please contact us.*
Select New Job
Select the material and the burr type you will be using.
Import .stl Files.
Navigate to your units.
Select the object type of the unit.
For a description on type objects, Click Here.
Select Stock or Blank
Select the used disk you want to use.
Or create a new one.
Fill out the exact information of the disk you are using if creating a new one.
- Shapes - This should stay at the Round diam. 98 unless using a different disk type.
- Thickness - Will be right on the top of the disk. This disk says 14mm so I put in 14.
- Shrinkage Factor - This will be right on the top of the disk also. Some disks have this on the side.
- Stock/Blank Name - This can be whatever you want to name this disk. It is important to put a name, or the disk will not save. The name that is decided should be written on the side of the disk so it is easy to find in your used stock later on.
- Lot Code - This is also on the disk next to "LO".
- Click "Ok".
If you are ready to calculate, select Start Calculation for Machining.
If you would like to make edits use the following features:
Select the feature, then left click on the unit to move.
Right click after making the selection.
Left click and drag the unit around.
To rotate the unit, press the + and - keys on the far right of the keyboard.
To move the unit up and down in the disk, press the page up and page down keys on the keyboard.
After moving the unit where you want it, right click to lock it.
Click yes to confirm.
After clicking yes it will keep you in the move objects feature.
Right click again if you are finished.
If you want to remove any sprues or units select remove items.
Left click on any sprues or units you wish to remove.
The selections you make should turn white.
Right click after you are finished selecting.
Click yes here to confirm.
Add Support Pins
Left click on the exact spot you want to add a sprue.
Right click when finished.
Start Calculation for Machining
This will pop up stating the name of the job.
Clicking yes, will send the job to the mill automatically after calculation.
To use this feature be sure the correct disk is in the mill and everything is ready to start.
Clicking no, will calculate the job but then you will use the VPanel to start the mill manually when you are ready.