3Shape's ManfacturingDir folder can be shared to and accessed on a Ceramill PC.
Both computers must be connected to the same router, and the workgroup must be the same.
1. Share the directory
- On the 3shape PC, right-click on the ManufacturingDir folder in C:\3shape\.
- Select Properties.
- Select the Sharing tab, then click Advanced Sharing.
- Check the Share this folder box, then click Permissions.
- Select Everyone, check the Full Control/Allow box, then click OK.
- The Network Path will indicate that sharing is enabled (your path will probably be different than the one in the image). Click Close.
2. Map the network drive
- On the Ceramill PC, open the Windows Explorer (the Windows key + E).
- Select Tools, then Map network drive.
- Select your preferred drive letter, then click Browse.
- Select (unfold) SCAN-PC, then ManufacturingDir, and click OK.
- Check Reconnect at logon, then click Finish.
- Drag the newly created Mapped network drive onto your desktop to create a link.
3. Set the default program
- Still on the Ceramill PC, open any project folder in the shared ManufacturingDir drive.
- Right-click on the *.stl file to access the drop-down menu, select Open with, and Choose default program.
- Check Always use the selected program to open this kind of file, then click Browse.
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Ceramill_Mind\Software_64bit\bin.
- Select nesting.exe, then click Open.
- Click OK to confirm.
- Windows will now open your *.stl file with Ceramill Match 2; this will import the file automatically. (Double-clicking on all subsequent *.stl files will import them into Ceramill Match 2.)
4. Using the *.stl file
- When the *.stl file opens in Ceramill Match 2, follow the steps on the left-hand side of the software.
- The Import button within Ceramill Match 2 will also open shared files.
- Browse for your desktop, and open the ManufacturingDir shortcut.
- Browse for your *.stl file to import.
- Ceramill Match 2 will import the file.