You may experience a problem when scanning where it won't continue because of the following error:
"XML document must have a top level element
Failed to load scan settings. Default settings will be used. "
The Scan Settings XML file has become corrupt. Scanning cannot not proceed.
The existing Scan Settings XML file needs to be replaced with a new one.
NOTE: the values in Scan Settings are correct and will not\should not be changed; this fix is to update the "behind the scenes" information in the file.
- Open the ScanItRestoration application under:
C:\Program Files (x86)\3Shape\ScanItRestoration
- Go to the file menu and select Scan Settings.
- Click the Die in a bridge: height below margin line UP arrow once, then click the DOWN arrow once (to get back to the original value).
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click the Scan when closing door check box twice (to un-check the box, then recheck the box).
- Click the OK button. That will save both actions.
- Exit ScanItRestoration and open up the case to be scanned.
- The error should have disappeared and you should be able to proceed with scanning.