Your dongle contains several modules. Each module has client points, which allow you to use that module.
The number of client points indicates the number of instances of that module that you can have open at a time. If you try to open more instances than your number of client points allows, you will get the following error:
To find out how many client points you have and how many are being used:
1. Click on the Control Panel button in the Dental Manager, then System Settings.
3. Click on Open Status Page under 3Shape License Management.
4. A page will open in your browser.
This page lists all the modules that are attached to your dongle, as well as the individual licenses attached to those modules.
Under each module is a detailed list of
- when the module expires,
- how many client points you have on the dongle,
- how many client points are in use, and
- how many client points are available left to use.
If you have Points Available: 0, then you must close out of an open instance to free up a client point.
If you cannot see any instances open for a module, check each computer that runs 3Shape for a possible open instance.
If you still can't find it, restart each computer until a client point opens up: there might be a module running in the background that did not shut down properly.
If this issue still persists, contact CAP Support at 781.279.2771 x3. We would be more than happy to help you figure this out!