The following steps can be used to create a customized DME file from 3shape. This is useful when wanting to create a back-up of your current system settings as well when wanting to transfer system settings from one machine to another.
- Start the 3shape Control Panel.
- Click on the icon titled Import / Export under the Tools menu item.
- Click on the Export Materials Tab.
- Click the button labeled Export Materials.
- You can now select individual materials you would like to export or by clicking on the box next to Exports's Materials you can export all the materials and settings on that system.
- Click the button labeled Export to File.
- Title and navigate to the location you wish to save the DME file.
- Wait for 3Shape to complete the operation, this can take some time.
- Once the operation is complete you can repeat the steps to create another DME, or close the Control Panel.
- Now that you have created a DME, you can either save this file in a safe location or you are now ready to import the DME into a new system.
Importing a DME into a 3shape system is very similar to exporting a DME file.
- Open the 3shape Control Panel.
- Click on the icon labeled Import / Export under the Tools menu item.
- Click on the button labeled Import Materials.
- Navigate to the location you have saved the DME file, Select the file and click the Open button.
- Once open you can click which materials listed you wish to import, or you can click the OK button to import the entire DME file.
- Now wait until 3Shape has finished the operation, this can take some time.
- Once this is complete you can either import another DME, or save and exit from the Control Panel.