In Sum3d there are some glitches. One of the most common ones we have come across is that during auto positioning as the unit is positioning the puck, everything will freeze and you can't even escape from the program.
Here are the steps to get around this:
- Open up Task Manager by right-clicking on the Start Bar and click Start Task Manager.
- Right-click on Sum3D and then End Task.
- Re-open Sum3D.
- When Sum3D opens, one of two things will happen:
- It will load that job automatically, and you are free to just re-select the puck and continue;
- The software will say "not responding" and crash. This crash sometimes happens multiple times. If it does, wait about 20 seconds and reopen Sum3D.
If this glitch happens often, try updating your Sum3D version. The newer updates have not eliminated the problem, but it happens less frequently.