If you get an "Internal Error" message when calculating External Finishing, the most common issue is that the Z Height Increment needs to be adjusted.
This error is usually related to a calculation of a specific geometry that the system can not complete.
To work around this issue and continue milling, you must remove all the parts of the mill strategy prior to External Finishing.
- This is done by selecting the different steps of the strategy like so:
- Press the Delete Key. Click Yes on the Delete confirmation dialog.
- External Finishing will now be on top of the milling strategies list. Right-click on Machining Parameters and the following dialog box will appear.
- Change the Z step increment value from .05 to .055 and then click OK.
- When prompted by the Z-level Profiling Parameters click OK. Then click OK when prompted for the XY step increment dialog.
- Click Execute under the External Finishing strategy list, then select Tool Path Computing option.
- The system will start recalculating the External Finishing operation.
The operation will complete successfully, and now you are ready to generate a new CNC file.
Once you generate a new file you can load the file into the vPanel and then you are ready to commence milling once more.