End Control Software
- Closes the software program.
Reset the controller
- This function resets the controller.
- Pushing this button will cause the axes to move to home position.
Referencing the axes
- Pushing this button will cause the machine to do a reference run on all the axes.
Move milling data file
- Pushing this button will cause the data files from the CAM PC, to be brought over to the 450i controller PC. The files will be moved to the directory C:/NC Daten/450i. (This function depends on the correct settings of the local area network.)
Open milling data file
- Select the data file you want to send out to the machine. In the sub directory Archive, you'll find the data files which were moved through the function Archive milling data.
Archive milling data
- This function moves all data files from the directory, C:/NC Daten/450i into the Archive directory.
Move to Service State
- Pushing this button will cause the machine to put the tool into its designed tool place and moves the axes afterwards to the service positions.
- This window will come up:
This function is meant for:
- Clean the collet in a safe and good accessible position.
- Replace a splash guard
- To change a tool
After selecting a tool place in the window, the tool will be picked up and measured on the length sensor.
Move to cleaning position
- This function moves the machine to the cleaning position and allows the cleaning of the areas difficult to access.
Cooling lubricant on/off
- Pushing this button will turn the water or cooling liquid on and off. Only milling certain materials need cooling liquid. This function is to only adjust the jet nozzles towards the tool tip. Please make sure that the tool/nozzle is positioned above the cooling lubricant drain. If using cooling lubricant is necessary for a job, the system is switched on/off automatically by the settings in the data files.
Suction device on/off
- Pushing this button switches the suction unit on and off. This feature is only to switch the vacuum on and off manually. If suction is necessary for a job, the system should turn on and off automatically by the settings in the data file.
- This button starts a selected milling program. If no program is yet selected, the function takes you to the menu "open data file"
- Pushing this button stops a running milling program. The machine moves to its home position.
- Pushing this button will activate the auto-shut-down function which will shut down the machine PC after the actual job is finished. Needs to be activated before you start the program. This will save energy and provides a longer life on the PC components.
CAP Academy video's associated with this article: