Click on the image below to open the CAP Academy video on how to tighten the collet on the DWX-4 and DWX-50.
A collet needs to be frequently checked for how tight it is and whether it has become loosened. If a collet is used for a prolonged period, or if cutting errors occur frequently, the collet may become loose and the gripping force of a tool may become weak. Examine and tighten the collet every 200 hours, or once a month.
Use the included Spanner (wrench) and Detection Pin for tightening the collet.
1. Open the VPanel and click Settings.
2. Click the Maintenance tab, then Open Collet. The collet opens.
3. Align the spanner with the collet. Use the included spanner.
4. Insert the detection pin into the collet.
If the collet is tightened without inserting the detection pin,
the collet may be deformed and cutting accuracy may decline.
Insert the detection pin before tightening the collet.
5. While holding the detection pin, tighten the collet by turning the spanner counterclockwise. If the spanner and the end of the spindle unit (in grey below) rotate at the same time, tightening is appropriate.
6. Detach the detection pin and spanner. The detection pin can be detached by pulling it downward.
7. Click Close Collet, then OK.
Collet tightening PDF