This article will go through all of the functions in the 250i controller software.
To open the software, click this shortcut
1 Controller reset This button exits the software and resets the controller. Then, the Remote DENTAL – 250i software must be re-started. To re-start the software, double- click the shortcut on the Desktop “Remote DENTAL - 250i”.
2 Reset the controller In case of an error it is possible to reset the controller with this button. Following it is necessary to execute a reference run.
3 Move to Home-Position This Button moves the axis to its Home Position. This is the starting point of the machine (all axis coordinates are at 0 mm/degree)
4 Execute a reference run When this button is pressed, the machine performs a reference run for all axes. After the reference run, the machine is in the home position.
5 Transmission of milling files With the aid of this button, the milling files will be transferred from iCAM and moves to the folder “C:\NC_Daten\250i”.
6 Open milling program
Then, select the program to be milled. The subfolder “Archiv” contains the milling files which have been moved via the function “Archive milling files”.
7 Archive milling files This button moves all files from the “250i” folder to the “archive” folder.
8 Move to service position When the button “Service Position” is pressed, the milling tool will be deposit to the assigned tool place and following the machine is moving to the service position. The collet is open.
The following dialog window appears:
This function is suitable for:
being able to clean the collet when it is freely accessible
After doing the service tasks the protection cover of the machine must be closed again.
After the selection and confirmation of a tool place, the corresponding tool will be picked up into the collet and will be measured.
9. Move to cleaning position With this button the machine is moving to its cleaning position. The cleaning position is designed to reach hard reachable areas inside the machine.
10. Blank Rotation This Button is rotating the Blank holder to the 180 degree position.
11. Cooling liquid position This button moves the machine to its cooling liquid position. In this position it is possible to check and set the direction of the cooling nozzles after switching on the cooling liquid.
12. Cooling liquid on/off With this button it is possible to switch on and off the cooling liquid. This button is used only for checking and setting up the cooling nozzles. Get sure, when switching on the cooling liquid that the machine is in the cooling liquid position. During the automatic mode of wet processing, the machine switches on and off the cooling liquid itself.
13. Suction on/off When the suction component (along with a control cable) is connected to the device, you can manually switch the suction on and off with this button for cleaning. In Automatic mode, the suction is automatically switched on and off.
14. Program START With this button, you start a selected milling program. If a program has not yet been selected, you can access the menu “Open milling program” with this button, in which you can select the corresponding milling program to be run.
15. Program STOP With this button, you stop a currently-running milling program. The machine then returns to the home position.
16. Automatic Shut down This feature can be activated before a start of a milling program or during a milling program. The function ensures that after successful processing of the milling program, automatically the PC shuts down and the controller of the machine will be switched off. After re-booting the PC this function is deactivated again.