NOTE: These guides are intended to help with standard milling workflow using only CAP-supported strategies, materials, tools, and workflows.
CAP designs and packages the Millbox installations and strategies with the support of the vendor. This streamlines your experience and makes your getting set up and running as easy as possible. It is not intended as a vendor lock-in.
Our support team has been trained to support these packages in order to resolve your issues as quickly as possilbe and as well as to prevent issues in your production operations.
Variables like materials and machines will differ at the microscopic level, and we have developed strategies and tools specific to these material and machine properties. This guide may not be relevant to other vendors' Millbox installations, as they may use different setups, tools or materials, or configurations.
Even with a high level of experience and knowledge, CAD/CAM is a highly variable process, and machines, tools, and/or materials will break. Qualified technicians and operators should only operate the equipment and software to minimize the risk of damage to equipment.
These instructions show how to setup mill jobs for CAP Millbox Installations and so the examples use CAP-supported machines. These instructions may not be relevant for other vendor setups.
Please refer to CAP Academy for more structured training and detailed video content.
Getting Started Topics
- Navigating Millbox - Millbox main interface overview
- Create a new job for a machine
- Importing your designs for disc milling
- Importing your design for positional fixture milling
- Selecting new and existing materials
- Spruing, engraving, and adding stabilizers to units
- Nesting (moving and rotating units)
- Confirming strategy options and calculating a job to mill
- Verifying milling job calculations
- Next steps